Below I have some recipe ideas for the Honey Chef! But first here are some quick pointers when cooking with honey!
- Honey is 18% water, so reduce liquid in recipe by ¼ cup for each cup of honey used.
- Honey is sweeter than table sugar.
- Experiment by using less honey than sugar.
- A 12oz jar of honey equals one measuring cup.
- When baking, reduce oven temperature by 25°F and add ½ tsp baking soda for each cup of honey.
- Light, mild honeys add sweetness and moisture.
- Honeys with distinct or stronger flavors add their own character and flavor.